Imagine an aligned agency, one in which the front-line officers are certain of what the chief expects of them, and where they adapt their performance accordingly. The key to that certainty is the supervisory communication and behaviors that bridge the gap from the chief to the front-line personnel. And while true certainty is elusive, increased certainty is not.
“Building Supervisory Consistency” is designed to clarify expectations among supervisors so that consistency is enhanced at all levels and a unified approach to influence is experienced by all employees back in the workplace. This program blends supervisory learning modules with an actual consistency project selected by the agency.
Each session builds on the prior, both in the core lesson and the exploration of the consistency project being undertaken by the participants. Between sessions, the “heavy lifting” of the consistency project is handled by the attendees within their normal working conditions, with the consistency project scheduled for completion and presentation at the fourth session.
In addition to the above, each program is customized to the needs of the department and includes a selection of the agency leader’s expectations as a component of the lessons.
The topics covered are:
- SESSION 1: The Role of the Supervisor
- SESSION 2: Supervisory Communication
- SESSION 3: Ethical Decision Making
- SESSION 4: Positively Impacting Performance
Performance objectives for this program are:
- Articulating the chief’s organizational expectations for all employees.
- Adjusting supervisory communication to support organizational consistency.
- Applying ethical considerations to decision making.
- Influencing the performance of others through positive and corrective tools.
- Participating in, and succeeding at, a consistency building project.
- Identifying the consistency building action steps for replication beyond the training.
This program is very well suited for the small agency capable of sending their entire multi-layered supervisory staff. Larger agencies should consider several deliveries of this program for similar-functioning supervisory teams within a common command structure.
Call 860-647-7993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today for more information.
Course Length: Four, 4-hour Sessions scheduled 4-6 weeks apart
Fee: Call for a quote
Location: Your Training Venue
Class Size: 12 to 24 optimum